Monday, February 1, 2016

Megan Heard: Week 2 Flashlight


Concept: I wanted to make a lantern with a similar shape to a standard flashlight. I decided to add a central tube to signify a light bulb and made the lantern glass the main focus to give it a minimalist look.


Modeling: I used repetition in the form of  truncated cones. The glass is two truncated cones with a Boolean difference through the middle. The button is a sphere that has been scaled in 1D. The handle is a torus that was scale1D is two different directions and then cut flush with the top.


Materials: I picked a more modern look with the matte black and brushed metal of the first render. The second render I wanted a more child-like feel, so I used plastic materials in similar colors, while keeping the rubber material for the handle and button. I picked a clear yellow for the bulb to give it a more unique feel.

1 comment:

  1. please include the show edges window and command line statement in your ghosted image so the integrity of your model can be confirmed.

    ReplyDelete