Monday, February 1, 2016

Megan Heard: Week 2 Duck


Concept: I decided to make a platypus instead of a simple duck; it would allow me to practice the same skills while making a much more interesting animal. I wanted it to be very cartoony, with inspiration from Disney's Perry the Platypus.


Modeling: Almost everything started as a sphere that was then pulled and pushed into the finished shaped. Boolean union was used to join the main body into one piece. Projection was used for the pupils and beak. Rotate and mirror were used on the legs to keep them similar and symmetrical.


Materials: I picked the rough plastic to give it more of a texture, with the green for the body to make it whimsical. I also did a render of it with all wood textures to give it more of a formal, shelf piece feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment