Monday, February 1, 2016

Alec McKay Week 1 - Castle


Concept: Castles with pointed towers inspired my castle model. Many fantasy castles are built on a mountain and the towers have a similar rise towards a peak in the center. The outer wall was inspired by force fields in science fiction.


Modeling Techniques: The spires on the central tower and the three outer towers were all created with polar arrays around the origin. I also used polar arrays around each of the outer towers to create borders on them. To create the force field, I rotated a torus and used a polar array to arrange three of them around the castle.


Materials: I wanted the castle to look intimidating, so I went for a black and red color scheme. In keeping with the sci-fi part of my castle, I decided to have the castle be made of metal. For lighting, I chose an environment that would show off the shine of the metal, and increased the contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment