Monday, February 1, 2016

Alec McKay Week 2 - Flashlight


Concept: My flashlight has a rubber grip, which I found in many flashlights online. There’s also grooves cut for the fingers to rest in. Many flashlights also have a plastic ring around the head of the flashlight, so I included that as well. 



Modeling Techniques: To cut the grooves out of the head, I used a polar array to surround it with cylinders and then used Difference to cut out the holes. For the finger grips, I used a linear array. Then I cut those out with Difference as well. 


Materials: My flashlight is made mostly of hard plastic. I chose bright colors that would be seen more easily in dim light. The grip is made of rubber, since that would feel better on the fingers. I also have a piece on the inside of the flashlight made of a light emitter material so that the flashlight looks lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment