Monday, February 1, 2016

Megan Heard: Week 1 Castle


Concept: I like symmetry and repetition, so I tried to combine them into a circular castle. I wanted a more open temple-like feel, with Greek column influences.


Technique: I used mostly solids with the rotate and mirror tools to create this castle. I used projection to create the rounded edges of the "steps." I used a lot of scale1D to get everything to a height that I liked. I struggled the most with creating the arches and attempted them as many different ways I could think of. I think I ended up creating a curve and using the pipe solid, then mirrored it at the center tower.


Materials: I knew I wanted a stone and metal combination, with copper being the main focus. I a liquid material for the arches, because I had a thought of it being some sort of water filtration system. I picked the frosted glass and metallic orange for the top bobbles to give it a decorative feel. I picked the red marble to pop against the neutrals and keep the warmer colors. I wanted more of a textured feel for the main set of towers and chose a darker wood to offset the sheen of the other materials.



No comments:

Post a Comment