Monday, February 1, 2016

Rafael Garcia Castle


Concept: Abstraction is a heavy theme in my favorite art aesthetic. For this reason I chose to make a weird throne-esque type castle.

Technique: I used the ExtrudeCrv command to make the floating walls around the throne and worked my way inward. The gem shapes were made by combining the solid function and the twist function. The stairs up to the throne were made easily through the copy pasting and editing of x,y,z values. The triangles were made by arraying the extruded curves made via the freeform line tool.

Materials: I found an interesting effect that made the 3D aspects pop by making some look 2D (the pink, yellow, white and blue toon mats.) Gold stairs lead up to a silver liquid throne with floating gems. 

The first idea I had was an all emerald throne, like something out of the wizard of Oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment