Monday, November 30, 2015

Dong Lak (Derek) Han - A tear of Sewol Ferry - Pepakura


Through this project I want to make people think about Sewol Ferry Accident which is occurred in Korea.  


The sinking of MV Sewol occurred on the morning of 16 April 2014 in Korea.
304 passengers and crew members died in the disaster.
Most of them was high school student.
Sad thing in this accident is that although all people inside of boat could be rescued after accident happended, Korean Goverment didn't try to rescue them at all. 





the moment Before the boat sink

simulation 

Side view - shape of boat before sink


Top view - shape of a tear
I modeled a boat with "Loft" and made it mesh and adjust.





in Pepakura


For Laser Cutting


Assembly - side view


Assembly - front view



Projection mapping test


I figure out that the projector I use is small and my 50 inches high model is too big. 
So I made smaller and slightly different model.

No comments:

Post a Comment