Thursday, November 12, 2015

Cesar Zapata: Laser Engraving





  This is the first laser engraving assignment I ever did and was actually pretty fascinated by it!
Foremost I wanted to discover how the design would ultimately turn out so I could learn from it and improve on the next laser engraving project. The concept of my design is a brand of a video game that my brother and I love to play together and chose my favorite brand of clothing from the game's world. Its brand really intrigued me in how simply elegant it was with the eel intertwined with the I.

The method this was done was I found the image online at a reasonable size, then traced over it in Illustrator. I then exported the file into Rhino and color coded the lines according to the laser color guide and dropped it off into the Fablab dropbox.

The materials I used was a 2x4 plank of Birchwood bought from HomeDepot and was not a very comfortable task transporting said plank to the Fablab. However I believe it would benefit me in the long run as I still retain a vast space left over after this project for other assignments.


No comments:

Post a Comment