Friday, November 6, 2015

AK Marder: Serial Contouring Morphed - Drapery Form

Step #1: Model


Inspired by working with fabric, I wanted to go back and continue my trend of working with rigid materials and making them either look for physically bend in a fluid and organic nature.  By modeling a solid object in Rhino, I was able to create a solid object to flow like fabric.


KeyShot allows me to take my 3D model from Rhino and render it in an example of a rigid material: wood.

Step #2: Serial Contour
Using the laser cutter and the processes of serial contouring in Rhino, I was able to serial slice my 3D model and translate it to be fabricated out of cardboard.  Once assembled, I took a palm sander to blend my edges.

Step #3: Paper Mache'
Old school: paper mache using industrial glue and tissue paper. WIP.

Progress.

 Step #3 Finished!




No comments:

Post a Comment