Thursday, November 5, 2015

Blake Kostroun - Laser Engraving



           The concept for this piece started with doodling in my sketchbook, I was sketching out flowers and happened to draw out this flower with solid thick edges that I thought would turn out great as cuts for the engraving. 


       I took the drawing from my sketchbook and scanned it and popped it into Photoshop to do some touchups. Then took it into Illustrator and converted it into a vector file and put it into the Illustrator Laser Engraving Guidelines and put the lines into the appropriate layers. 






The wood used for the engraving was an 1/8" thick piece of plywood with a great grain with not many knots. I  bought a a roll of adhesive magnets, I applied two pieces to the back and now its hanging up on my refrigerator!

No comments:

Post a Comment