Monday, November 16, 2015

Darrius Williams box maker


For this project I wanted to use images I've drawn by hand as a base for my cut and engraved lines. the original drawings come from when I worked at UTD's comet caller center as basically a telemarketer for students.while the other line based design was sacred geometry.

I started the process by getting several shots of the original image and bringing it into Photoshop. it was full color so i had to desaturate it and get it to 3 basic colors of white,black and grey. after that i used a few filters to get a style I liked to add with the original grey scales. after that I imported the images into illustrator and used live trace. added the to the raster layer and sent the for cutting.

In the end im mostly happy with it. I still need to learn more about illustrator because their was more i wanted to do with the images i had and i didn't quit get the effect i wanted in the wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment