Friday, November 6, 2015

A.K. Marder: Living Joints - Final Pattern

Resolve my idea of living joints.  Through research, experimentation and a ton of trial and error I have learned that depending on my pattern, my material will bend in a certain linear way depending on my design.  With this is mind, I was able to find a pattern that has no designated direction of bend, it can form to any direction.  



It is aesthetically pleasing on its own, lays flat but incredibly vulnerable to taking shape.  I look forward to manipulating the material and taking advantage of its malleable nature.

I am having trouble creating the settings to cut this material.  The lines are so close together and the piece is so small, that if I run the machine too hot it burns and if I run it too cool it doesn't piece all the way through.  I am experimenting with speeds to compensate.


Tried to experiment with enlarging the pattern without changing the thickness of the material.  Good learning experience, learned I need to keep the pattern as tight as possible if I want it to behave the way I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment