Monday, November 23, 2015

Sean Korzeniewksi 3-D Scan



Concept:

The concept behind this project was to scan in a small object, simplify it, and then create an abstract representation of a character. This particular character is one I created for use in various role playing games as well as stories. This representation of my character is meant to serve as a fundamental basis of his form. 

Techniques:

Of course I used the 3-D scanner and scan studio to first scan in my object, which was unfortunately rather difficult since my source object was very small. I then used the mesh data to create my character in rhino, drastically reduced the poly count and converted to a NURBS object.

Materials:

Unfortunately I do not have access to Keyshot outside of the school computer labs, and since I mainly worked on this at home I didn't have a chance to use the materials I would like. With the simplified poly data I decided it would be interesting to make my character appear to be hewn from stone. As this is an abstract representation of a fictional character I thought it would be fitting to make him appear "petrified".

No comments:

Post a Comment