Sunday, December 14, 2014

Bill Watts: Week 10 Planar Waffle



In developing my planar waffle project, I wanted to return to my older form of the gas mask. The primary motivation for this project came from the idea that everyone needs a place to hang their hat, even if so happens to be a gas mask. I began my reducing my older form by removing smaller details that wouldn't appear clearly in a waffle form. I also added a rectangular form to act as a representation of a wall and to remove the complex neck area from my model. In sectioning my model, I realized there were areas of the form that would not be able to slide together because other pieces would get in the way. In order to remedy this, I cut the pieces in such a way that half of the piece could be slide from one side and the rest from the other. Thankfully, having the slots project as a precursor to this allowed me to find the exact width of my wood-board material, so sliding the pieces together was a simple task.


No comments:

Post a Comment