Thursday, December 11, 2014

David Billings week 15 : Chess Piece

My design intent for this piece was to create something both elegant and harsh in nature, I believe I accomplished this with the subtle curve given to its form while being composed only of sharp angles and edges. Inspirations and influences for this design includes combining the form of a orchid flower with that of a crystal while retaining a shape and proportion recognizable as a chess piece.

I created this model in Maya and did so by first creating the base and extruding upwards, adding variations and extrusions as I saw fit to better express my design.

The material I chose to render in keyshot was a high polished black metal. I chose this because I felt it added to the refined nature and elegant styling I was hoping to achieve.






No comments:

Post a Comment