Sunday, December 14, 2014

Philip Barker Assignment 6: Lamp

When designing a lamp I decided to look at the architecture design for the Forerunner in the Halo universe. I liked how everything had a rigid geometric shape but will softer corners.


While working on my multiple design for the lamp I played around with basic shapes. First with a cube the a sphere. One of my design mimicked a vase while the one I choice looked more like a lantern.

Modeling Technique: I first created the arcs of the lamp. after that I array polar'd and created the inner layers by making an octagon and matching it up with the edges of the arcs. From the bottom I placed a spot on the second layer for the bulb.



For the materials in keyshot I used a plastic with a dark brown and limited reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment