Thursday, December 11, 2014

David Billings: week 11 : lamp

 My design intent when creating this piece was to have a radial lamp that could be displayed from either the top facing upwards or on its head. Additionally I wanted a lamp that would have a contrast between these two ends that allowed for a distinction between organic and hard surfaces. Inspiration for this came from lamps with contrasting shapes between their shades and bases and then applying that concept to the serialized form.

This was created in Rhino using 3 base shapes, a sphere, a cone, and a pyramid. Once they were booleaned together I elongated it to a desirable size and proportion then used the provided scripted to serial slice the model.

The materials I chose to represent this model in keyshot were a blue resin and a red metal with a specular finish. I chose these because they seemed to allow the lamp to be placed easily within a modern setting or environment.






No comments:

Post a Comment