Monday, December 8, 2014

Brad Cruse: Week 10 Waffles






Statement of Purpose and Design Intent:
I wanted to explore the dynamic gesture of a figure. I looked to Gerome for inspiration. This process was more experimental because I've not waffled anything before and I wasn't sure if the output would help or hurt the intended results. I was contradicting the dynamic flow of the organic form with the rigid bilateral cross sections.

Modeling techniques used to create massing form:
I used ZBrush to sculpt out the female torso for the first project. I reused the same model to attempt a different process to see how the results differ. Seeing the results, you don't get the same expression of dynamic gesture, but you get an almost geological cross-section or terrain-esque appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment