Monday, December 14, 2015

Darrius Williams 3d Sanning





For my 3dScan i chose to use an engraved skull as my base for scanning and later re purposing for the pepekura project.To start u used scan studio to test scan to see what materials,textures the scanning would work with.  try a key chain, small figures until I concluded the skull was the best option.

In scan studio I scanned my skull from an upright position and laying sideways to get every possible view I could for later aligning. I aligned the to view scans and trimmed waste material such as the stand and holding peg. From  scan studio I imported my model into rapid works for further polishing. using different tools to patch up mesh work and create the geometry that wasn't scanned , such as the inner jaw bone area.once its merged and polished I decimated it down from 600K plus polygons down to versions with 1K, 5k, and 20K counts.

I really enjoyed learning how to scan objects and thinking of the implications that i could us it for, not only in my future after graduation but in was that would have meaning now. maybe using the scanner and other 3d pakages to solve issues at home or small fabrication problems I see in my day to day life.



No comments:

Post a Comment