Sunday, December 13, 2015

Will McKiernan- Laser Scanning

For this project, I used a small figure of the Boogeyman from "The Nightmare Before Christmas". The model was supplied by a fellow classmate and I was intrigued to see what I could do with it. Also, the light colors and small size made it a prime candidate for scanning.

I placed the model on the platform and performed a 360 degree scan. After the scan was completed, I aligned all the scan data and and trimmed away the stand, some of his head, the dice in his hand, and the snake protruding from his mouth.Then I transported the aligned file to RapidWorks and in RapidWorks, I used the Bridge and Fill Hole Tool to fix the mesh and fill any missing data. Then I reduced the poly count of the mesh to around twenty thousand polys and saved it as an OBJ for Maya.


Once in Maya, I began to model a hat with a feather and a cane. I wanted to turn Boogeyman into a Boogeypimp. I was inspired by Professor Scott saying that he looked like he was holding a pimp cup when we first scanned the model. Unfortunately, I could not successfully model a pimp chain or coat for him to wear, and stuck with just the hat and the cane, but I am happy with how it turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment