Monday, December 14, 2015

Sean Korzeniewski - Pepakura



Concept:


I wanted to take my Pepakura project and create something interesting and usable that I would both enjoy making, and enjoy using. I decided to create a drum by using the Pepakura Papercraft software in order to make a simple reinforced cylinder out of cardboard.


Process:

The hardest part of getting this model to work right was making sure everything was measured properly. I was aware that I had to convert from millimeters to inches - and I did so. But the main problem I had was that after getting the right shape I had to fit all my various pieces together - which were measured in inches and unconverted. Altogether I had to do a ton of measuring in order to produce what is seen in the picture above. Going forward with this project I hope to perfect my Pepakura shape so that the drum will sound a lot better than it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment