Monday, December 14, 2015

Zapata: Pepakura

 Here is my Pepakura model used by the laser scan I did a while back with my partner, Julio Romero, with the laser scan. The software implemented for this project was Pepakura, Adobe Illustrator for the edge ids, and finally Rhino as the final format ready for laser engraving. The videos that Prof. Scott, along with his personal guidance was that made all this possible. As the Laser scan was imperfect and fortunately was resolved by his expertise and knowledge in Maya/Rhino

 The concept behind it was to create a turtle with a mechanical, industrial feel of it. Though unfortunately time was a factor and hasn't been too kind to me recently as perhaps I in turn may not have kind to it back. The way it was supposed to look like was a metallic, gray coat with some bolts and rust when it was finished.


The assembly of the pepakura itself was a task that was interesting and dare I say, almost fun in a puzzling manner. I could easily imagine my engineering cousin having fun in constructing a pepakura model someday as it's very straight-forward, logical and challenging. Just like Prof. Scott recommended, I used Loctite Pro as the main adhesive for this model along with many folds and time invested in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment