Monday, December 14, 2015

Zapata: Laser Scan





 Before departing to Thanksgiving Break. The assignment was to select any object and laser scan said object and clean it/refine it through rapidworks. My partner, Julio Romero, brought the object of a green turtle for the project. We struggled in the beginning, but after of familiarizing with Rapid works for a bit, we were headed into the right direction. While listening to smooth Jazz, I assisted my partner in cleaning up the scanned the model in Rapidworks as well as repositioning it.






Once the model was cleaned up and finalized, we parted ways and was up to each of us to make the ordinary figure, into one that has never been seen before. Maya was the primary software I utilized for this project, as Maya has a variety of tools that can manipulate a model. The tools I used were extrusions as well as the manipulation of them through the X-Y-Z plane to best represent Mountains and Volcanoes on the Turtle


The concept behind my creation was a representation of a turtle with volcanoes on its shell, as it was an island populated with them. I was always fascinated by the idea of turtles mimicking as lone islands as they are depicted in legends, so to the best of my abilities I created my own version of the creature's representation. The representation is the mythical turtle with a land full of volcanoes, as the material of the turtle itself is obsidian from the fabled creature. Though in Keyshot, the material was a reflective black glass, which gives it its luster and finesse traits one would find in obsidian

No comments:

Post a Comment