Sunday, December 13, 2015

Simon FIelds Week 12-Friend Box




  • I decided for this box to go on more humorous and cute side to it. I really wanted to use myself and friends for this, so I drew us all as chibis in some funny fashion. I also wanted to show the closeness with my friends and I in this little adorable cube!

  • I drew the original drawings in Manga Studio, later importing them in Adobe Illustrator to image trace a raster cut for them. I used the Box Maker website to get the size pdf of my box for AI to create the outer cut. After everything was in place I sent it off to the FAB lab to cut. I used MDF Fiberwood.

  • To finish out the box render I decided to also paint the engravings as I had done with the laser engraving. I used watercolor to paint my friends and I; only using the eyeliner brush once again, but went a lot faster than the engraving did. I wanted to use lots of colors so none of the sides looked too monotone and fun looking in general when capturing the humorous sides of the cube. Overall I am happy with how this came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment