Monday, December 14, 2015

Simon Fields Week 16 Teddy Pepakura





  • Me and my partner both decided that it would be a cool idea if we used my teddy bear model from the 3d printing assignment, for the the pepakura one. We both liked the idea of seeing a larger more simplistic version of the model for this piece. 
  • First I had to go into Maya to fix some of the topology for the bear. I changed the positions of the arms, changed the legs a bit, and mad the ball tail smaller. I then went into Rhino to fix some of the mistakes with the bear. I used line segments to flatten out the feet so the model could stand on its own. Then I simplified the amount of polygons down to around 500 before sending it off to my partner to cut it up and format in the pepakura software and Rhino.
  • In Keyshot I wanted to see what the bear would look like in a couple different materials, so I used a brown glass texture for the first one. Then I found a wooden texture for the second render. I like how the second render makes the bear look like it has been roughly carved by someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment