Sunday, December 6, 2015

Simon Fields Week 14 3d Scan











  • I really wanted to continue the cute n' creepy type genre for the laser scan, and my partner was really on board with it. I wanted to take something that was meant to be cute, and transform it into something creepy! Hence this needle like fairy.

  • After Laser scanning this little chibi figure, and cleaning up what we could, I decided that I would take the model into rhino to try and mess with it at first. Later on, I figured I'd create a new creepy figure in rhino only leaving the cute face for this new creature. I used a lot of curves, and ran pipes along them to create the body shape and appendages. My partner created the wings and the thimble for the needle fairy.

  • As for keyshot, I wanted to make the model look like it was just pieces put together to create a creeepy-like toy, and to show how dark, cute, and creepy it was. I used the rust material to show that it was made with old metal needles. I used the shiny metals for the thimble and legs cause i wanted it to seem like only some of the parts have been replaced with new ones but the fairy was basically abandoned. I wanted the head to be something really different from the other materials to show that it once belonged on another body. and for the background I just really wanted to highlight just how creepy this needle fairy was.

No comments:

Post a Comment