Monday, December 14, 2015

Darrius Williams Pepakura Skull











For my pepekura project i chose to do a skull based on the 3d scan data I had from the 3d scan project. I chose this because I was curious to see how the 3d data would transfer over to a real life object and the process itself was a learning experience I can apply to other things such as uv mapping.
In my method I did not break my model into strips primarily because i couldn't. the design has a very unsymmetrical mesh work making for  more difficult breakdown but still doable. the parts that I cut into were very unusual shapes and manipulating them into place was a challenge to say the least.another issue that occurred because of the shape was my glue type. I know loctite is the glue he specifies but i found that hot glue was a superior adhesive for this peculiar model.

I Enjoyed the project up until the I had to start folding. Its an interesting concept but if I ever did anything like this again id rather cut the parts out of steel or a ductile enough metal and use reclamed rebar and weld this as a metal exploded skull instead.




No comments:

Post a Comment