Sunday, September 13, 2020

Roma Vipparthy: Project 1 Surface Population


 Concept:

For this project I didn’t really have a solid concept that I took inspiration from. I wanted to be as creative as possible when it came to my structure idea. I was basically playing around with rhino and created a shape that looks like lips and I thought it would look interesting as a population object. From there I started to create my actual root surface. I decided to create a shape that had different sides and dimensions, kind of resembling a face or head, sticking to the theme of lips/ facial features. 




Process:

I used Rhino to get the shape of my geometric population object first. Then I focused on getting a root surface to populate. I created the population object by using a torus shape and manipulating the control points. I also created the root surface by manipulating the control points on a sphere. I then used Grasshopper to combine the root surface and population object. I also used rhino to create an orthographic image to showcase the dimensions of the object. After this, I added colors to different sections of my structure. I tried to make an ombre effect with the color pink. Next I combined the images on photoshop and proceeded to use KeyShot to add material and more dimension into the structure.



Materials:

Because my population object resembled lips, I chose to keep my material as a plastic. This allowed my structure to look smooth and shiny when it was rendered. I then played around with the lighting effects and dimension of the structure to make it pop a bit more. I also used the background effects in KeyShot to make the structures shadows appear.




No comments:

Post a Comment