Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Sanika Dhawan: Laser Cut Lamp Project

 






Concept: I wanted to use stars on my lamp and ended up making a lamp with the theme of stars and a night sky. I envisioned a blue and yellow theme, but mostly blue. I had pentagons around each star with a light engraving, but unfortunately it wasn't working when I tried extruding multiple times so I had to get rid of them. I also added a nice quote I found that I really liked and found inspiring. 

Materials: I chose to use wood, specifically a bamboo wood, as it is around .5 inches thick and the thickness of my lamp is .5 inches as well. I wanted it to be strong and sturdy.

Technique: I made my design in Illustrator and then transferred it over to Rhino to continue the process and make the lamp. I then transferred my final lamp setup and final design to Illustrator to edit it to give it a nice background and titles. Rhino on my mac crashed unexpectedly while I was in the middle of working, so I had to restart in Rhino.

No comments:

Post a Comment