Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Miko Aguon: Makercase Lamp Week 12

 Concept 

==========================================================================

The board I wanted to make would be a board that is based on the old comic strips I used to draw as a kid. It would be the centralized image of them all spreading their wings out to the other drawings that have stuck with me. While it may not look good, it still holds sentimental value to me. Nothing much else to it. Characters from both the past and present.

Characters include Jimmy, Mr. Bass the Bass, Alchestbreach, Steve the Roach, the Love Monster, Me, Kyle the King, Kara the Killer, Annikah the Agile, Bob, and some misc. faces and side characters. 






Techniques

==========================================================================

I used an already made model for the skateboard to 3D with then used the AI file to extrude from it, leaving a hollow hole, then used a copy of the AI file to "fill" it in, giving it the colors and engravings. For the laser cutting, I went to Makerspace and they helped me out. I had to hatch my drawings in Rhino first and then convert it into an SVG (that was required for maker space) and then start laser cutting after a few test runs. 


Materials

==========================================================================

The material used for the render was the wood pine material as it was closest to what my skateboard's material looked like. I used Keyshot to get my render and grabbed the render and put it into photoshop to get the final images. 

Close Up

Tony Hawk Holding My Skateboard

Skateboard Leaning On Wall

Skateboard Hanging On Wall

                                


Finalized Product

==========================================================================

I ended up using an alcoholic marker (do not recommend, use colored pencils instead) to color the engravings. It bled onto the rest of the board and I could not get it out. I am however somewhat happy with how the colorings turned out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment