Sunday, December 5, 2021

Anita Chap: Final Project

Concept: The concept of the design I went for was a sphinx and a gargoyle. 



 Final Pepakura Group Project: Gorgon






    For the final project we chose Keyerra's Gorgon design because we loved her design and thought it was different and unique. Looking at Will's design he wanted to do a horse and dachshund but if we move forward with his design we would've faced the issue of his top head being to heavy.








    The responsibilities for this project originally was for Keyerra to model her design, Will gets the model ready to cut in pepakura and then cut out, and I work on post processing. We all agreed to go in equal on our material but during the beginning of the project I got sick with Covid and I couldn't come into class or attend the open house. In return of not being able to attend I offered to pay for all the materials for post processing. In the end I had to get the cardboard from Keyerra and do the get the model cut in Pepakura and learn how to cut out the model.


     Our group had many difficulties during this project. Unfortunately the file I received wasn't going to fit the laser bed so I had to redo the entire model and get it cut out. I found it a struggle having to start all over and not having a lot of time because I didn't get the file till the week of Thanksgiving. I went up to TheLab Makerspace and got someone to train me on the laser bed to get the file cut out. Although once I was ready to get the file cut out the file didn't transfer over the cut lines correctly and my cuts shifted and overlapped.  I found it very frustrating with the lack of time I had then having to learn a few applications and learn how to cut it was a little stressful. I wish the outcome could've turned out differently because I thought this project would've been really awesome.





No comments:

Post a Comment