Monday, January 27, 2020

Cameron Steele: Project1 Castle

Concept


Image result for google home mini
I was completely new to using Rhino 3d, so it was interesting to learn how the various operations work. I mixed up my style switching between Voxel style and rounded organic style. There are some deeper messages that I attempted to instill in this piece showing how the once percent lives in luxury while everyone else is making do with what they have. Drawing heavily from chess and its association to the rich.



Process


I employed Boolean Difference and Polar arrays. Modeling in both voxel and natural curve designs.

Material

When adding materials I wanted to keep a very muted and regal material set. I drew inspiration from glass chess sets and the google home mini




No comments:

Post a Comment