Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Nikki Chauhan: Project 1 Castle


Concept: My castle model is based on a natural ice "sculptures" and structures formed by ice in cold caverns as well as a bit of a futuristic look with the round about halls and translucent statement piece at the top of the building. 



Materials: I chose a gem like material for the decorative balls on the outside of the window rooms and the display piece on top, a hard cloudy plastic look for the red hallways, a metallic paint for the towers and a metallic paint for the second floor. I wanted the red hallways to look shiny and reflective from the outside but if you were inside it would be like a one way window.

Process: I wanted this to have a mountain like look so I started with 4 equally spaced octagons and extruded them to a point. After I did that, I used the movement mechanics and spread the pairs of the "icicles" on the x axis. I then created another set of octagons on each icicle and raised them about halfway up and extruded them straight. I then created the central torus and duplicated that higher up and scaled it down to be proportionate to the tip. I then created the bottom two floors of the building with a small rectangular prism for the door and then another octagon for the top decoration. I then used the sphere and the polar array to create the decoration on one of the windows and copied and pasted and mirrored them for the remaining windows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment