Monday, October 26, 2020

Danny Laboda Week 9 The Duality of Lamp



 Concept: Okay I'll be honest, I can never pass up a good pun. I also am really interested in lovecore and all things heart themed, so this lamp was a perfect match. I wanted a simple, yet interesting lamp. I also made the wood a slightly pink tone to mirror the lovey dovey theme.

Techniques: So I made the design in Rhino, which was a huge pain as I had to draw everything with a mouse. Next, I exported the pattern to my favorite art program, Clip Studio. In clip studio I pieced together the pattern and colored and shaded it to look more real. This was a really challenging and time consuming project for me, but I'm happy with what my hard work yielded!

Materials: So once again, the bulk of the render (in this case all of it) was done in my art program. It's a bit tooney, but I feel like it looks nice and serves its purpose. I worked super hard on making it look as realistic as I could, and I think it paid off. I abused the add and multiply layers a lot for this. And also colored the outlines to make it look softer and less harsh. For the glow effect I used a radial motion blur to give the look of light pouring out of the lamp holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment