Sunday, October 25, 2020

Jaedene De Jesus: Laser Cut Lamp

 




Concept

For the laser cut lamp, I have named mine "Blossom Lantern". My concept is Kirby enjoying a day with cherry blossoms in the rain. I have incorporated a cherry blossom branch with cherry blossoms, a Kirby, and raindrops in the background. The color pink, cherry blossoms, rain, and Kirby are all my favorite which is why I decided to use those all together for my lantern. The InnerCuts are shaped like cherry blossoms so that the light would make them pop out and glow. I chose this design as something I would like to have in my room to use as another light source/ decoration.





Process

I first created my lantern layout on MakerCase.com. I then designed my idea through sketch, as seen in the first image, then I started drawing it on ProCreate. I created a new layer for each individual flower, tree branch, rain, and Kirby. I then started exporting each layer as a TIFF, emailing them to myself so that I could transfer it over to Adobe Illustrator. I carefully placed, distorted specific flowers, and finalized them onto Illustrator. I also put the RasterEngrave drawings I did on Procreate. Because the stroke was drawn too thick, I put the opacity to 50% so I could go over and trace them using the curvature tool with stroke set to .01. Next, I changed my text to strokes so that it is ready for laser printing. 





Materials

When I plan to get this laser-cut, I will use plywood underlayment, Loctite professional super glue, a LED dimmable bulb, and a 6 ft. cord set with a snap-in pigtail candelabra-base socket and cord switch, all from home depot or Lowe's. I will also incorporate a pink transparent film to put over the InnerCut from the inside. When the light is on, I want the light to glow pink like cherry blossoms using the pink film.

No comments:

Post a Comment