Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Hamsa Egal Project #2: Lamp Project

 I created a Lamp that utilized Arabic Numerals and images that I would like. As a Muslim I felt that having this kind of lamp would be great in my room and I made sure not to put any animate objects on it since that's not something that's allowed for us. I took a template from MakerCase and brought up a 5x3x7 box into Rhino to manipulate. I wanted to have a tall lamp that was just the right size that could fit into my space if I were to print it out.

 The hardest part of this was really getting the surfaces extruded and making it into a box since my application was crashing alot. I figure its because my computer doesn't have much memory to it but I'm glad I managed to complete the assignment. For the texture and rendering I tried using Rhino but I didn't like the textures there that much so I ended up grabbing one off of Vismats. I imagine having this be a lamp with this color but with a black base as I think that would be something that looks great on it. 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment