Monday, October 26, 2020

Roma Vipparthy: Project 2 Laser Cut Lamp

 


Concept: For this project I wanted to create a lamp that also captured my interest in abstract and non objective art. I based most of my lamp around the engravings so that the final product would be an interesting mix of design and light. I freehanded the entire design based on a painting I made a while ago. I also wanted more light to flow out of the top and bottom of the lamp, so I created holes in the bottom and left the top open.



Process: For the process of this project I started at MakerCase and created the basic shape of my box. I also used this site to create the finger joints that would be visible on my box. I them downloaded the “map” of the box into Rhino and started making my design. After I created my design I started changing the colors to match the type of engraving I desired. After that, It was time to actually assemble the box. I also used rhino to do this and then took the final product into KeyShot to add material and texture. I decided to do a light wood texture.



Materials: For the material that my lamp will be made of, I chose a light wood. I think this would look cool after the engraving and light bulb are finished. The thickness of my wood will be .25 inches. I used KeyShot to convey the texture and look of the wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment