Sunday, December 6, 2020

Jaedene De Jesus: Project 3 FlatFlab Tata

 Concept:




I was on my desk like every other day, when I finally figured out my inspiration for this project. I have a figurine light on my desk that I wanted to follow. My classmate Kenny had suggested to look up 3D cut puzzles, which helped me figure out what I wanted to make after getting inspiration from a Rilakkuma 3D puzzle (https://www.plazajapan.com/4580423514392/). Tata, a character from BT21 (https://www.bt21.com/main), which is a collaboration between LINES FRIENDS and BTS, is what I decided to base this project on. I had decided I wanted to combine the two ideas into one and make a Tata 3D puzzle.

Technique:




For the majority of the time, after watching the FlatFab tutorials, I experimented around FlatFab trying to figure out how I wanted to approach this project piece. I first started with the heart-shaped headpiece, and continued duplicating those, and aligned them accordingly. While looking at my lamp for reference, I adjusted each duplicate's height and width to make the round heart figure as smooth as possible. I then started doing the body, originally having vertical and horizontal layers, but later realized that it wouldn't work as a "3D puzzle". I then redid some of the heart layers that aligned with the arms and made those heart layers also have arms as one piece together. This allowed me to attach more layers into having more of a 3D shaped arm. 

Materials:

Just like every other 3D puzzle, I would like to imagine this to be cardboard as well. The heart would be red, and the body would be blue and yellow, just like the actual Tata character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment