Sunday, December 6, 2020

Roma Vipparthy: Project 3 FlatFab Model

 


Concept: For this project I wanted to create an animal FlatFab. I thought a giraffe would be somewhat challenging and fun to create. It took me a while to sketch the model and workout how to use FlatFab, but in the end I think it worked out well, and my composition looks like what I wanted it to resemble. 



Technique: For the process of this project I started in FlatFab and messed around with the application. It was a little difficult to get used to, but I ended up really enjoying the process after in understood how to use it. I chose to create a rib-like pattern throughout the animal. After I finished the model in FlatFab, I exported it into Rhino where I got the dimension measurements and the cut sheet information. Later I used KeyShot to give it its final texture and look.



Materials: For the material the giraffe will be made of, I thought a light wood would be appropriate. I have a model of an elephant at home that kind of resembles the project we are working on, and it is also made of wood. I think these two pieces would look nice when paired together.





No comments:

Post a Comment