Monday, May 1, 2017

Darrius Williams Serial Slice


blog post: serial slice-
the Concept of my serial slice is inspired by my my favorite incent burner. the burner is a leafless tree with the face of an old bearded man. this design came from my modeling 2 projects. its one of the completed models im most proud of.


The beginning of the model was started with a base mesh of tube that I added edge loops and pushed around to get the general curviture of the form as well as extruded treee limbs and wholes to mimic the source . then I used facial modeling techniques to model the face( building the eye lids and mouth first from edge extrusions). then I adjusted the model base's edge flow to match that of the completed face. After that I brought this model with a stepped up poly count into mudbox for sculpting where i sculpted in ridge and bark details as wells as shapping the beard and sculpting in smaller details such as the vein that wraped the body. To serial slice it I took the model as an obj and closed the whole( the whole where required because the orginal project for this model had in the criteria that the model match a real world object EXACTLY). open the obj in rhino and used the contour command as described in the videos to slice my model into 1/4 thick sections.

for materials i choose e flute card
board.Assembly was simple, using to wooden dowels  (that match the innercut hole diameter) stacking each section from bottom to top using loctite in between sections to glue the pieces together, remove dowels and complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment