Monday, May 1, 2017

Darrius Williams Waffle Lamp

Concept: for my lamp, their wasn't really a particular theme or idea of inspiration, instead I opted to make it more about the tools I choose to make the base shape. i mostly wanted the design to center around the revolve command,  during the design phase I may have model six different designs until I found the one most appealing and began the process.

 The Modeling Part of this project was relatively consistent  with other students in the class so ill continue with the post laser cutting work.after the pieces were cut, I gave both the ribs and rounds a base black coat, I made sure the rounds were as dark as possible since I wanted them to be the matt finished element. For the ribs, I used blue metallic paint with the dry brush technique to create a brushed metal texture. for final assembly, I placed all the parts together and remove one rib at a time and glued them in.








No comments:

Post a Comment