Monday, May 1, 2017

Darrius Williams Laser Engrave



 Concept: This design comes from my love of anatomy, this is my first step into a deeper project involving this heart as one organ of an entire human torso. I didnt want to mimic exact details of a heart instead I wanted a pixelated engraving to bring out in the painting phase.

I started by creating curves to draw the lines that make up the heart parts.then I toke a snapshot of the cutlines for the heart parts and using it to create a 3 tone laser engrave raster engrave into 1/4 mdf. Before i settle on this I designed a series of holes that would go around the edges of the veins and main body of the slice, but over the design phase I never felt it truly gave me something to bring out in the paint phase.


 to start the painting I sealed the pieces with a clear coat. then I used 2 layers of crimson on the outer rim as well as using 2 other reddish tones and black and gold paint to bring out the edges.For the inner parts I based them all in purple and use the dry brush technique to build up different blue tones that correspond to the different layers of engraving. I also rubbed in black on the outer edge to blend the outer rim and bottom plate before glueing the parts together.




No comments:

Post a Comment