Sunday, April 30, 2017

Sarah Roberson: Waffle Structure


Concept:

For my concept, I wanted to slightly deviate from the board games and go with a game that was one and still is one of my favorite video games in the whole entire world. I went with Tetris. I decided to design m model off of the T block (that's in pink). I liked it because it was symmetrical and look really cool as a lamp.






Modeling Techniques:

There were a ton of modeling techniques that I used in this piece. The first of which was to boolean union two rectangles which I extruded to create the shape of the T block that I wanted. Then I created a cylinder to put on the inside of the vertical part of the shape to create the hole so that I can get to the lightbulb. I then contoured the lines horizontally to create the faces on that plane, then I used the section tool to create the vertical planes. I then piped the whole thing using a .25 diameter cylinder attached at every intersection of both the vertical and horizontal planes. Then I used the Split tool to make sure that all of the faces were cut to create notches to later use to put the actual cut model together.








Material Choice:

I decided to use cardboard as my material for the object because I really like the way light shines through the ribs of the cardboard. I then used a lightbulb to light up the inside as if it was a lamp. This was a really fun project to put together though I confused myself several times in the assembly process as to what pieces go where. After I assembled it together, I sprayed it with a sealant spray to make sure that it would be safe from the elements.



No comments:

Post a Comment