Sunday, September 17, 2017

RaiLei Giard : Castle Fall 2017

Concept


The initial concept for my castle is based off of an actual castle in East Sussex, UK. It's a medieval castle known as Bodiam castle. Medieval castles are sturdy, beautiful, and well structured making an interesting and fun project. I personally enjoy such things as renaissance fairs and medieval festivals. My castle also has a strong resemblance to the medieval times restaurant which is a favorite dining place for events within my family.

Techniques


 







My techniques mostly consisted of making each shape using the different shape tools. From there I used copy to mirror the exact same shape on the other side to not only make sure my castle was even on both sides, but completely Symmetrical as well. From there I used a sizing tool to keep things in line and a measure tool to put things in line with each other or the other shapes. Then I joined the shapes to complete the castle.

Materials



 
I wanted the castle to look more sleek and have some different textures than an actual medieval castle would, without losing the realism completely. I used several different stones, as well as glass and wood to obtain this goal. All materials were used to build actual castles, It just wasn't in the same way or areas that I placed them. A good example would be that the glass is used as a section to the roof in my castle, but would actually have been a window or furnishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment