Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sarah Pinto: Castle Fall 2017

Concept


My original idea derived from a brick model of a castle. This is what inspired the body of the design. I chose brick because I believe that it gives off a home-like appearance as there is a great abundance of brick houses. I believe that people associate brick with stability and comfort and that is why I chose it to be the majority of my castle's material.

Techniques




I created my castle by beginning with the pillars. In order to create the pillars, I used the cylinder tool and then proceeded to add the platform by creating a rectangular prism to sit atop the cylinders. I then used the cone tool to create four cones, one for each pillar. To make my castle look more prominent, I added a large pyramid on top of the platform. After the pyramid had been added, I decided to give my castle some more color and character by adding spheres on top of each of the five points. I then proceeded to add the tall green cones to make the castle look truly royal, in the sense that the large cones would have a threatening effect to others. Lastly, by using the cube effect once again, I was able to create a staircase that leads up to the platform.

Materials




The base of my castle was designed with brick materials in order to provide a stable structure and appear to be sturdy. I accessorized my castle with emerald, copper and marble in order to give off a more extravagant and royal look. Although my design was not identical to the castle that inspired me, I found my design to be a fun twist on a classic brick castle with more color than the typical brick design. The base of the castle provided the comfort and stability associated with brick, yet the emerald, marble and copper contributed to the aesthetic of the design as well.











No comments:

Post a Comment