Sunday, September 17, 2017

Matthew Durham: Castle Fall 2017

Concept
      My initial idea came from a mixture of ancient Greek origins and art from Disney's Hercules and God of Wars mount Olympus. I wanted the design to have similar elements however while at the same time the throne being its own separate entity. 

Techniques: 
     All my design where based on a circular shape which where just repeated among the castle. For all bases of the circular pavilions I used a cylinder with truncated cones attached to the bottom to give it the tapered look. The throne is made of rectangles that are combined to give it, it's shape. That was then copied and scaled smaller to make the chairs for the smaller pavilions. once I had both the throne pavilion and the smaller circular made I brought out the smaller pavilion and did a polar array and used that to make the other two. After everything was correct I used the circular tool to make the circles, which where then used with the Curve Boolean to make the circle shapes. 

Materials:


    For colors I wanted to stick with materials that where warm inviting and peaceful. For materials I selected granite for the pavilions to give it the feel of everlasting, like it was built to last. The pillars I used porcelain for the fragility of such belief as well. The throne and chairs where made of marble for the same reason as the pavilions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment