Thursday, September 14, 2017

Anyssa Akridge : Castle Fall 2017

Concept
My concept for my castle was to create a cat scratch temple. I based my design off of cat scratch posts because its supposed to be like a sacred area of enjoyment and worship for cats.. The cat model in the middle is a statue for the cats to worship.

Techniques


The modeling techniques is used for this project was the line tool, extrude closed planar curve, copy and paste, nurbs modeling, cylinder tools, box, make hole, tube tool and the torus tool. To create all the flat cat statues I first drew out the outline of the cats with the line tool then I used extrude closed planar curve.I made the cat platforms and pillars using the box, cylinder, tube and torus tools. I made all the holes by drawing out the shape using the line tool and placing it over the object I want to use make hole on. I made the nurbs cat model by first making a sphere, adding more points on the sphere, and moving the dots around to create a cat like shape. I did the same for the paws.

Materials








I wanted the castle to feel royal high class and elegant, so I used expensive materials to show that. I used a 24k brushed gold texture on the huge cats behind the temple as well as the pads on the paws and the object holding the cat model up. I used a purple jewel like material on all the cats and the paws. This is because the cats are objects of worship so they're decked out in wealthy materials to show their importance. Black marble is used on all the pillars and granite is used on the platforms. Black glass is used on the biggest cat shaped platform with a shinier car paint material platform underneath it and the huge gold cats. Then I used a ruby jewel material on the cat tubes. I tried to keep the pallet purple and gold as those colors were the colors of the rich in olden times.

1 comment: