Sunday, September 17, 2017

Thanvi Bogurampeta: Castle Fall 2017

Concept
The initial concept for the castle project is actually from "Alice in Wonderland". The castle standing is a very minimal dual toned castle with a checkered print surrounding it. This sturdy yet elegant structure is not only eye catching but also brings a sense of happiness whenever you come across it. I was personally drawn to the checkered pattern and incorporated that into my design. Alice in Wonderland has been an all time favorite for me growing up as a child.


Techniques 


The techniques that I applied were using the shape tools to make multiple solid shapes. As I made the three cylinder and cone structures on the side, I used the mirror tool to replicate the same thing on the other side. I then used the BooleanUnion tool to categorize which objects belonged together. Once I had a basic idea of what I wanted the castle to look like I used the Grouping tool to bring the whole structure together and move it around to place it on top of what I initially created to be a grass plain.




Materials






I was going for a more monochromatic tone, so rather than playing with different colors I worked around playing with different textures of the black and white spectrum. I tied in the checkered pattern from the grass to the body of the castle designed. The castle is an impractical design but a fun play on the Alice in Wonderland castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment