Thursday, September 14, 2017

Scott Choi: Castle Fall 2017

Concept:
My initial concept for my castle was inspired by the Reunion tower.  Being on a circular platform with a ring around it, my structure just naturally had a spherical and symmetrical theme to it. Most components are repeated around the center in a circular setup.


Techniques: 


Ghosted Image
Ghosted with Keyshot layer assignments
I used cylinder and torus solids to create the base of my castle. I used ArrayPolar to
evenly create the supporting rods for the ring. I then used a combination of curves which were extruded to create the four small towers, which were again placed around the center using ArrayPolar. I created the tower tunnels, rods, and 3 base plates using this same method. For the main tower, I drew half of the outline using a curve, then used the revolve tool to create the shape. This method was also used to create the "chimney's". Some other tools I frequently used were the Boolean tools and loft.

Materials:




I wanted my castle to have a clean, "industrial" look to it. To achieve this, most of the model is comprised of metal materials. I used chrome, aluminum, copper, brass, and anodized metals. I also did not want too many bright colors, so mostly dark/cool colors were used. A small amount of glass was incorporated in the base and the tower window. The base itself is made of carbon fiber.


No comments:

Post a Comment