Monday, November 20, 2017

Clara Crossland: Week 11 - Laser Engarving

Concept:

I wanted my design to resemble the Moon Wand from the popular show Sailor Moon. I really love the pallete of the wand and the design is simple enough for me to add my own custom touch. I also really loved the cartoon as a kid so doing this design was also very fun for me.

Technique:
I used Adobe Illustrator at first to trace over the design I found. After that I made the lines over the traced image thicker to help when I put it in Rhino. Once I was done with that I transfered the picture to Rhino to color the engraving lines and place the hatch patterns. I did have a lot of overlapping lines so I had to go back and use the Curve Boolean command to fix those. After that I was able to turn it in to be engraved at the machine shop. After the engraving was finished I was able to paint over the pattern.





Materials:
I used a standard skateboard deck, a lot of paint from paint cans, and some masking tape to make sure I painted inside the lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment